Thursday, 6 February 2014

Audience Research Profile


This is Jack Magill an 18 year old young male, I asked him the following questions in order to gather research on his opinions and interests affiliated with the electronic genre in particular. These were the following answers to each of the 6 questions asked:


·                Do you like the electronic genre? If so who are your favorite electronic artists?
Yes I do like the electronic genre my favorite artists that are a part of this genre are; Tom Vekk and Drums of Death.

·                What would you usually see in an electronic music video?
I would usually see strobe lights and fluidity in the video, the fluidity being based around lighting or camera shots.

·                What are your favorite electronic music videos and why?
Klaxons - Magick: It's visually different which makes it stand out more and makes the music more enjoyable.
XX Teens - Darlin': It's long and obscure, it again makes a statement and appears to be more artistic in appearance.
Klaxons - Gravity's Rainbow: It looks like it hasn't had a great budget and this gives it a simplistic appearance which I like to see in most electronic videos.

·                What costume would you expect to see worn in an electronic music video?
I'd expect to see vintage clothing because a lot of people who are featured in the electronic genre seem to wear vintage clothes which adds more of an artistic appearance towards the artists themselves.

·                What locations would you expect to see in an electronic music video?
A plain room that's all white and a mock live performance.

·                Do you prefer performance or narrative?
Narrative, it adds more depth towards the video and music itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment